Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Christmas Decorating...

This morning I was able to get the house mostly decorated for Christmas.
Christmas decor 
The bottom picture is one of our 2 Christmas villages...Some 'snow' still needs to fall on the villages for them to be completely done. I'll probably show a picture of the other one (which is bigger) after it 'snows'.

This is our big Christmas tree in our living room...last year I bought a bag of pine cones, added a little ribbon, and used them as ornaments on the tree. Love the homey feel. The tree skirt was bought for 50 cents at a garage/yard/tag sale a year and a half ago. I think it might need a little face lift, but over all its alot prettier than the sheet I used to use.
Christmas tree 
I went to put the decorations on the kitchen window sill...but I didn't have a nice runner, doily, or towel for on it...enter...my stashed Christmas material from the big 'loot' from my in-laws earlier this year. It's been great having the 'loot' on hand :) Thanks again Dad & Mom Dickson.
empty kitchen window sill
material runner 
These were 5 - 6x6 squares that I cut in half to make 10 rectangles...sewed them together somewhat randomly...and voila...an hour later my sill was ready for Christmas!
Christmas window sill 
This sill runner was probably one of my fastest finishes! I simply sewed the pieces together, pillowcased with a solid green back, and did a quick echo quilting (without batting). Looks festive!
Sill runner

Joining this great finish on the linky parties on my right side bar along with a linky at Crazy Mom Quilts: Finish it up Friday linky party. I didn't think I'd be able to contribute this week (week 4), but we I did get this finished (even if it wasn't a loooong work in progress).

I can now go work on Liz's Sashed Postage Stamp Quilt tonight for FNSI...

Handmade by Heidi

Have a wonderful start to the weekend...and I'll show you tomorrow how much I get done :) Hopefully alot!!!!


There is therefore now no condemnation
to them which are in Christ Jesus,
who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus
hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Romans 8:1-2


Amanda


2 comments:

  1. Your decorations look so cute and festive.. makes me want to start on mine but the other half wont let me start until December 1st.
    I love the runner, what a quick yet effective fix. May have to borrow the idea myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you are early - looking great! You've inspired me! For sure need to be ready for First Advent next Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...