Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Monday, November 14, 2011

In the Mood...

This past Friday, I was finally in the mood to get a redo project done for my sister-in-law. For Christmas one year ('05 or '06) Chad and I made her a message board. Well, in August, she asked if I could recover it because the fabric had faded and she wanted to take it to school with her.

Procrastination and demotivation had set in...it got shuffled around the craft area...until Friday! I finally decided to just try and find some fabric, rip off the other stuff and get it done! Thanksgiving break was a good motivator too...I can give it back to her then!

This is the new message board...I forgot to take a before picture before I started ripping it apart.
This one has a pocket sewn on and the message board section at the bottom/side. The previous fabric was a dark blue with silver ribbon and silver buttons. She still prefers earthy tones...so I hope this works well for her. Dark brown corduroy and a brown/tan plaid pocket. Also, a few extra button embellishments.

I think I'll even add this to the Home Decor fun over at Celebrate Color hosted by Rachel at Stitched in Color.

This weekend also found productivity in the cutting up of the material for Liz's Postage Stamp quilt...I'm looking forward to starting to sew these pieces together...

I also threw together another pair of fleece slippers...these ones fit Liz, but they won't for long...
My enlargement of the pattern wasn't quite enough...but the sewing went better this time, they're not wavy! Amber will get her's at the end of the week :)

That's my crafting weekend in review...
I'll see about adding it to a few linky parties :)
Chef in Training and Quilt Story among them...all the linky party buttons are on the right side bar.


Wait on the LORD: be of good courage,
and He shall strengthen thine heart:
wait, I say, on the LORD.
Psalm 27:14

Things change as we progress through different stages of life...but amid the change we can find that God has a plan for us. If we wait for Him to show us, it will be the best for our lives and we can wait in this season...but still plan and pray about the future.

Amanda

4 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to make a message board forever! Love it! Thanks for linking up to fabric tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your message board looks great and I think those slippers are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks lovely! I really like the idea of a pocket on the message board too, very handy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to make a message board.. I found you on the link parties..I am your newest follower.. If you would like to check out my blog to that would be so great, and follow me back and facebook too. I will be doing free giveaways here shortly on clothing and mineral makeup :)

    -Thanks
    Brooke
    blushboutiquestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...