Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A couple of gifts...

My youngest baby girl will be turning ONE in the next couple of weeks, so yesterday I had a chance to make some of Amber's birthday gifts.

A Scrappy Doll...
I followed the tutorial on Love Laugh Quilt by Beth. It was a little past what I usually do...no measuring - isn't everything suppose to be symmetrical!!!! She turned out cute, even though she could use more stuffing. I ran out after doing her arms, legs, and head...so her body has scraps of batting in it. Once I get more stuffing, I may take out her bottom hem and restuff. For now, she'll be loved anyway! 

A Pair of Slippers...
These are a pair of adorable slippers...although not quite as cute as the ones on the New Conceptions pattern (but I also had to enlarge it for Amber). I must be venturing out...typically not something I would think of tackling, but Kristy at Hopeful Threads always finds great tutorials and is very helpful! She even gave me a few tips for next time I try to make a pair (which will be soon!). This is a quick project that has a couple of recipients waiting...Liz requested a pair (which means an even bigger enlargement :) ) and a new baby at church!

Also, if you're ever looking for a great charitable project to sew-up, check out Hopeful Threads. Kristy finds great monthly projects to sew-up and donate...then rewards us with chances at some great prizes - what's better than that! I like to participate when I can.

There is also a great Crafting for Cause project going on over at Ladybird Ln if you need some other charitable ideas. I jumped on this one...and the kids at school are even going to help out (even though they won't know about it till tomorrow :) ! ). Making Christmas cards for American soldiers...how great to give them encouragement as they are away from home for the holidays - fighting for us!


And he said unto me,
'My grace is sufficient for thee:
for my strength is made perfect in weakness.'
Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities,
that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2 Corinthians 12:9

In the Bible, God gives us things from others to help us...and He used Paul a lot. Paul is a great example of someone that went through many trials and still praised and served God faithfully and fully. He even had a physical condition that he prayed to have taken away...but God allowed it to remain. Paul received a no, and still glorified God and knew that God's power would shine through him even with the problems he had.

May we remember this as we go through physical difficulties...Praise, serve, and glorify God even through the difficulties.

Amanda

3 comments:

  1. What lovely little handmades! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely gifts, I'm sure Amber will be thrilled. The doll is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely and timely reminder! Thank you for your sweet words and sharing about Hopeful Threads too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...