Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Give Thanks...

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, one of the major holidays celebrated here in the United States. So, today I decided that Liz and I should make one of the felt turkeys as shared at Sewing.org. It's one of those projects that I'd rather not do, but knew I should to have some crafting fun with Liz...however, once I got started reading the instructions, it didn't allow a whole lot of room for Liz to help.

Also, I didn't follow the directions exactly...I used the felt I had on hand...which wasn't enough to go directly with their instructions...

But he still turned out cute...
I machine sewed it also, trying to make it go a little faster. I did all sewing... no hot gluing :) I sewed all the embellishments on, then layered the pieces and sewed them together using a zig-zag stitch, leaving openings at the bottom to stuff (which Liz did get to help with). Doing it this way also meant only cutting one small feathers piece, one body, and two wings...compared to their two (four) of those pieces.

Here's a comparison photo, both cute!
Maybe he should have the bow tie? What do you think? I forgot about it until I posted it on here :) !

Adding this fun Thanksgiving project to some of the weekly linky parties...see the right side bar for the listing.


Let the words of my mouth,
and the meditation of my heart,
be acceptable in thy sight,
O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

Though this verse does not have the word thanksgiving, thanks, thankful, etc. in it...I saw it there while I was starting to look for one of the typical thanksgiving verses. We need to remember to always have a word of thanks on our lips and thankfulness in our heart to God who has blessed all more than we deserve!

I am thankful for...
The salvation of my soul...
Having the Bible to guide...
A wonderful husband...
Never being able to lose my salvation...
Kids that are healthy...
Sewing time...
Going to a great church...
Inspiration and creativity...
Valor and sacrifice of the servicemembers of the US Armed Forces...
Initative of the forefathers to give us a free country...
New horizons to be crossed...
God's grace and mercy given daily!


My adorable girls this morning...

God is so good!
Amanda

2 comments:

  1. How cute! The turkey and the girls! Thanks for stopping by Reading Confetti! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great turkey! Looks good just as he is! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...