Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wednesday WIP Wrap-up...

I know I haven't done a WIP for quite a while...but today is the one year anniversary for Lee at Freshly Pieced's weekly Wednesday WIP party - so, I thought today would be a good day to evaluate my WIP's and join the party again.

This week I did have a BIG finish...my first quilt! Also, I did a couple of small projects that I showed yesterday...so, now it's almost like starting new!

Today, Liz, Chad, and I narrowed down a quilt pattern for Liz's quilt...I think we have finally decided on this one...
postage stamp progress!

Liz actually said she liked this one better...but she's three...so, I'm going to make the executive decision and add the sashing! Now that we have a pattern, I can start cutting fabric...ooohh!
(Edited to add this picture of the fabric
picked out for the Postage Stamp quilt...)
The lower four fabric were picked out and purchased last week during a good sale at JoAnn's. The fabrics in the upper half of the photo are pulled from my stash to coordinate...I'm not sure if all of these will make the final cut or if I'll add some others, but this is our majority of fabrics.
I'm still stalled on Liz's Season's quiet book...haven't touched it in months, except to move it! Christmas is coming quickly...I'll have to get it out again soon!

There has been little progress on the 60 degree Diamond Fall Table Topper...but I think I did get another star section done since this last photo in August.
For the afternoon I'm going to sort through scrapbook paper for the kids to use for their Christmas cards for the Soldiers (see yesterday's post for more details or click the Operation Christmas card button on my right side bar). I'm also going to start working on a few cards to contribute.

TO wrap it up...

Finished projects: 1 (Amber's quilt)
New projects: 2 (Postage stamp quilt, Christmas cards)
Continued projects: 2 (EPP Diamonds, Season's quiet book)
Total WIP projects: 4



Jesus saith unto him,
I am the way, the truth, and the life:
no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 14:6

Amanda

25 comments:

  1. Wow, that quilt top is absolutely amazing. Love all the bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a nice pattern. :) I like the sashing. Have you chosen fabric yet?

    Mary
    http://www.quiltgenius.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your first finish! It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for updating with the picture of the fabric. I think that will be just lovely. :)

    Mary
    http://www.quiltgenius.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww...make her the one without sashing mom! lol I'm sure it will look fantastic whichever way you go ;) My mom told me about a cards for soldiers program, I think that's really awesome that you're getting the kids involved making some too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you are making the executive decision. It made me laugh. The postage stamp quilt is great quilt with or without the sashing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i hit up that sale at joanne too last week! how could we resist?! haha good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a cool design and I bet it will look lovely in the fabrics you have pulled out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the bright colors you used! And congrats on finishing your first quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is always so nice to have the fabrics pulled and a pattern chosen, I hope you enjoy making your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the quilt you've chosen!

    Gave your blog the Liebster Blog Award today! http://hopefulthreads.blogspot.com/2011/11/liebster-lovepassing-it-on.html :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's your first quilt?!?!?!? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would like to try the diamonds some day...they are always so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The diamonds looks good. I recently finished a quilt like that - only with diamond and hexies to make some space between the stars. Although I really think my hand piecing quota for this year is used my fingers are itching to start a new one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I went over to see your first quilt and it is BEAUTIFUL!! So glad you have caught the quilting bug too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It`s a great feeling to finish your first quilt isn`t it? And it`s a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A postage stamp quilt looks like fun. And way to be bold about the Gospel!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good luck with your postage stamp! I keep thinking I should try, but I might be too chicken lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. It'll be a lovely quilt when it's done. And I'm sure Liz will love it - sashing or no sashing!

    The table topper looks like it'll be fantastic when it's done! (I'm very impressed by paper templating projects!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That table topper looks like it's going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Everything looks great! Can't wait to see that table topper!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the idea of adding the sashing to the postage stamp quilt! I also like that each block is random so if there is a color placement issue it's not a big deal; probably could use more scraps that way too.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...