Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sew-in Results...

It was a productive evening...even with not getting started till 6:30pm, an early interruption by Amber who wanted to go to bed, and a few distractions throughout the evening...

I was able to finish putting the rest of the 'jelly roll' strips together and then cutting them into the 4-squared strips to be put back together 'randomly' to make the blocks. After that was done, I was able to put together 12 more blocks!
Liz's quilt FNSI
Plus the 3 I already had done...I now have 15 out of the 35 needed done. But that shouldn't take too long, the blocks don't take to long to put together...especially with all the pieces laid out and ready to go...
Liz Qt WIP
I am really loving this quilt too...these are so my kind of colors. I love Amber's quilt, but it is a little more bright and cheery...which is nice, but I tend to like the warm, homey, slightly darker tones. I think that the joy of making these quilts is getting to work with the pretty fabrics and the enjoyment I'll get as they use these quilts while they grow-up. I tried to pick colors that will 'grow' with them...not to kiddish or faddish. Love the way it's working...Liz was even oohing and awing over the first few couple of blocks. LOVE that!

However, today I may not have a chance to sew...

Amber is turning 1 today...



Happy Birthday
Baby Girl!
This is her party hat for tonight...but we tried it on her early! This was a passed along hat from a lady at church...isn't it adorable! After tonight, we'll be passing it along back to her so her newest addition will have it to wear next year when she turns 1. So fun!


Be careful for nothing;
but in every thing by prayer and supplication
with thanksgiving let your requests
be made known unto God.
Philippians 4:6

Good to look up the verses about being thankful as we get ready to celebrate Thanksgiving in less than a week.

May you have a good weekend and I look forward to talking with you Monday or Tuesday.
Amanda

3 comments:

  1. You've accomplished quite a bit for a Friday Night - great progress! I'm sure this will be treasured for many years with the love you put into it.
    Happy 1st birthday to your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing what you can achieve when you put aside some designated time to just sit and sew,well done :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a lot accomplished during FNSI. The finished quilt will be cheerful.

    And your little girl is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...