Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Just Stop Losing Your Happy...

Today I have a Happy Birthday card for the Remarkable Ink Big Blog Hop...



If you are stopping by today for the hop, welcome! 
If you are a regular follower of Home Designs by Amanda, 
Thank You for your continued viewership!

Today is the April Remarkable Ink Big Blog Hop
and the theme is to use the Retiring 2015-2017 In-Colors.

There are a couple of birthdays coming up in the next couple months that I need cards for... 
so I decided to make some cards for them.


I used the Number of Years photopolymer stamp set for these cards.
While I was working on these cards, I was away from my desk, 
and a family member caused an unintentional misplacement of one of the stamps...
specifically the 'happy' stamp.

So, when I discovered that it was gone, we went looking for it,
and found it in the entry way to another room of the house...

But the story doesn't end there...

That night I left everything where it was on my desk because I wasn't feeling well..
and still needed to work on them.
The next morning my youngest daughter (she's 6) was in the room with me, 
and I said,
"I think I lost my 'happy' again."

She was so cute and said, 
"Would you stop losing your 'happy'!" 
as we found it on the floor near my desk.

I think we both saw the underlying meaning to that statement...

because as I was thinking about the application that could have in our lives,
she asks, "Mommy, are you happy?"

I answered with a nonchalant, "I guess so." 
(I'm not a definitive person when it comes to these types of questions...)
and we moved onto getting some breakfast.


The happy was found and now lets see how the card was made...


and I also used the coordinating die set,
Large Numbers Framelits Dies.

The card base was 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4 inches.
The white background piece is cut at 3 3/4 x 5 inches.
Numbers and 'flag' are cut out of pieces of white and colored cardstock.

The theme of this month's blog hop
was the retiring 2015-2017 In Colors,
so I used the ones I had...



Do you easily lose your happy?

Recently, I did a Ladies Bible study on Joy 
and this little episode just reminded me
 of how our happiness is based on what happens to you...
Joy is based on what is in your heart.

Although, we may at times seem to lose our 'happy,'
we can have Joy.

The best base for joy in your heart comes from a relationship with Jesus.
If you want more information about this, 
click the TODAY...
 to see how you can have that relationship and find real joy!

Thank you for stopping by to Create with Me today!
And for joining the blog hop...
check out the list of fellow Stampin' Up Demonstrators below
to get more great card and project inspiration using the retiring in colors.

"And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full."
1 John 1:4

Amanda

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card and story to go along with it! I am so glad you found your "happy" :) Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...