Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Spring Woods...

Spring is very nice here and it is quiet warm today.

This card is my take on some spring woods...


I really like how the wood background paper turned out with the Woodland Textured embossing folder used over it....then adding the ink to darken the trunks more.

Some of the paper used was not Stampin' Up!, but I'm excited to see that there is some wood inspired paper coming in the new catalog that demonstrators get to start ordering from in May, and customers get to see it in June...

But until then, here is the video to show how I got the effects I did for this card.


I used the Woodland Embossing folder on a piece of wood grained designed cardstock,
running it through the Big Shot twice.

I used the Flourish Dies set to cut out the leaves and flowers. 
The leaves were made using Old Olive cardstock, and a light yellow was used for the flowers....
They would probably look great in Daffodil Delight or So Saffron!
The ink used was the soon retiring Tip Top Taupe.

Any sentiment will work lovely on this card.

Thank you for stopping by to Create with Me today!

"Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart,
all ye that hope in the Lord."
Psalm 31:24

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...