Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Saturday, April 1, 2017

Minimalist Cards...

These super simple cards are based from the Monochromatic cards I posted here on Thursday, 
but are basically the same concept...


When I was editing the video of the original card (shown below...), 
I noticed how cute it looked even before I put the larger plain white piece over the stamped piece 
and thought I would see how they looked as cards...


So, I started making this one in Bermuda Bay to have just the ONE stamped layer, 
but when I stamped the sentiment on, it was crooked! 
So, another small piece of cardstock to the recuse to cover it. 
I just "smudged" the edges, stamped the sentiment, and assembled.


However, I still wanted one with just the one stamped layer, 
so I made another one in Peekaboo Peach... very simple!


Flourishing Phrases Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Flourishing Phrases Stamp set
$37.00
They just use a card base 
(5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored and folded at 4 1/4 OR  like the Peekaboo Peach above, 4 1/4 x 11 scored and folded at 5 1/2), 

a piece of white cardstock at 4 x 5 1/4, 

ink,

 and a stamp set (Flourishing Phrases is what I used)

The Bermuda Bay card does need the third piece of cardstock cut at 2 x 3 1/2.

So, which do you prefer...

the more involved Monochromatic Cards or the simpler Minimalist Cards? 

Thanks for stopping to Create with Me today!

"The day is thine, the night also is thine: 
thou hast prepared the light and the sun. 
Thou hast set all the borders of the earth: 
thou hast made summer and winter."
Psalm 74:16-17

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...