Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Baby Shower...

Today I went to a baby shower for a lady that used to go to our church (she moved to NY when she got married). This week I packed her a box of baby things...which I had plenty of since she is also going to be having a little girl too. However, the packed box was a little plain. So, to remedy the situation I decided to make her a 'scrapbooked' picture, which I started yesterday and finished this morning not very long before needing to leave. Someday I think I'd like to make this into a quilted/appliqued fabric piece.

Then, when at the shower I found that the plates, the cake and the cookies were baby buggies...I thought how appropriate, don't you think? God even works in the small decorative things we do.
 

Yesterday also brought 'down' a big event...the tree beside our house. It has been dieing as of late and Chad had already delimbed a small portion of it, but the whole thing need to be removed. It was a sad day, very gloomy and rainy. Typical Northwestern PA.
This tree was a very nice tree. It was just outside the kitchen window. It was wonderful to me in the fall because it made the falling of the leaves begin in late August...and then with the other trees beside our house, I had leaves falling into November. I loved it! Fall is my favorite season. (Spring is probably my second, although I do enjoy a warm cozy house and big snowflakes falling outside in the winter.)

But the tree had to come down...as some of the limbs hit the ground, they shattered because they were so rotten. It assured me that, although I'll miss it, it's better it came down this way rather than onto the house during a storm.
 
Good Bye Tree...
You'll keep the house warm in the near future!

As I near the end of this post, I wanted to show an adorable picture of the girls.

Next week is going to be busy...extra days at school, a dentist appointment, and a ladies meeting...but I'm still hoping to get some sewing done and post what I get done.

But today I'll leave you with Psalm 127:1 & 3:

Except the Lord build the house,
they labor in vain that build it:
except the Lord keep the city,
the watchmen waketh in vain...

Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord:
and the fruit of the womb is his reward,

Build your house right...attend church on Sunday!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...