Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Mad Fabrictist...

My husband comes up with some great nicknames. Yesterday, when I was having the rushed day trying to finish the casserole carrier, my wonderful husband was in our bedroom... family room... sewing room with me towards the end of my escapade. Well, the radio was on with some kids shows on (but adults enjoy them too!) and Ranger Bill was the one on and the subject was about a doctor. At one point in the show someone called her a mad scientist...

This caused my husband to say that that's what I am...my college degree is Earth Science and I teach a science class...

But he QUICKLY changed his mind and called me a Mad Fabrictist...I laughed and took it as a great compliment, then turned to my sewing machine and kept sewing!

I love my husband very much and this new title.

To continue to live up to my title...I did today's FMQ Challenge - however it only consisted of two small pieces of scraps so I could continue to get the hang of it.

 Each day seems to be getting easier! The tall 'feather' was roughly sketched on to the felt to see if I could follow the lines with my movement...it worked some, then others were really off. I'll try more tomorrow...I have more time to practice this week no school for me till Friday!

Today we celebrated Resurrection Sunday and continued our Revivals at church. It was a very nice day...but it never seems like we reverance God enough!

Exalt the Lord our God,
and worship at his holy hill;
for the Lord our God is holy.
Psalm 99:9

Secure in salvation because of His resurrection from the dead...He is Risen! Praise the Lord for his mercy and grace!
Amanda
   ~ the Mad Fabrictist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...