Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday...

Today is traditionally remembered as the day Jesus was crucified...and the crucifiction is something to be remembered and reflected upon. As a Christian, one should remember the work Christ did for us on the cross. He took the painful beatings, the agony of the hanging on the cross and, in doing so, died for our sins.

As a non-Christian, one should realize their sin and their need for a Saviour. Jesus Christ is our way to forgiveness. If you want to know more the right side bar of my blog is clear about what someone needs to do to be forgiven. 

His blood covers our sins when we ask his forgiveness...His Resurrection on Sunday fullfils the prophesy of a Saviour and finishes the work of salvation. All we have to do is accept it.

My belief, however, is more in line with a Wednesday crucifiction. This is because from Friday to Sunday is not 3 days... and the Last Supper was for the Passover. If you would like more information on this, I'd be happy to supply the verse references and events of the Holy Week that leads to a Wednesday crucifiction.

For as Jonas was three days and three nights
in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be
three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
Matthew 12:40

Have a Good Friday...looking forward to the celebration of the Resurrection!
Amanda 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...