Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday Night Sew-in...

My busy week is slowing down. I even have my lesson prepared for Monday's Science class...but I do still have to make the assignment sheet.

Sewing, however, is on my agenda for the rest of the day, - well after I return home from my piano lesson! So, since I want to sew and I saw a fun link at Thread Head for a Friday night Sew-in... my thought...join the fun! Now I just need the girls to cooperate!

The Friday Night Sew-in is actually from Handmade by Heidi. Check it out if you want to spend an evening sewing...

The progress I make will be posted on Saturday.

Last night was our church's ladies meeting. Chad had the girls, and I found some pictures on the camera this morning.

We had a wonderful time and a great devotional on being what God wants us to be rather than trying to impress others... the comparison was between a 'Super Mom (Christian)' to an 'Abiding Mom (Christian)'.  As a christian, the Abiding Mom is that which to be strived for...to allow God to use us to His glory. I'll post a page today or tomorrow with the handout we were given comparing the two.

Be still and know that I am God:
I will be exalted among the heathen,
I will be exalted in the earth.
Psalm 46:10

Happy sewing...be constantly abiding!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...