Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Monday, May 29, 2017

Happy Memorial Day...

Good morning and welcome to the Memorial Day holiday
(here in the United States).

Today, we take time to celebrate the lives of those that 
died while in active duty in our country's military.

While some family's are personally affected,
and others are just grateful citizens that pay their respects 
to those that have suffered this great loss,
we all are moved by the strength shown by those that have lost those closest to them.

I especially want to honor my brother-in-law,
who was killed in action in March 2010.
And, my sister, who has had to live with the loss of her husband, 
and raise their son as a single mother.

Although the pain is real, she honors him in memory and in life.


Thank you, Carlos, for your service to our country,
and paying the ultimate for our freedom.


Thank you to my sister,
for enduring the pain,
and becoming an even stronger woman through it.

Love you!
(my sister and myself in 2013)

And THANK YOU to all the other soldiers and their families
that have had to pay this price for our freedom as well.

Thank you for stopping by today for this special Memorial Day Tribute!

"Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them;
and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body."
Hebrews 13:3

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...