Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Big Cardboard Box...

This has become Liz's favorite napping spot for the past week. How much fun a child can have with just a box!

Yesterday, I was able to work on my plastic bag keeper.
I did long wavy FMQing line on it. It was good for a larger practice piece. I liked how most of them turned out...but they definitely are not symmetrical.
 I did do some stitch-in-the-ditch before I did the FMQing.
I really like how it turned out. I used the tutorial from Moda Bake Shop by Rachel of p.s. i quilt. It was easy to follow and quick to make. This is my completed plastic bag keeper, I've been wanting one for a long time...something finally done!
Now, for today's accomplishments...I made 3 log cabin blocks. One (mine) has been quilted for my FMQing practice for day 9. The loops turned out good, still not symmetrical, but Oh well...if I want to keep FMQing, I better not worry about symmetry for a while!
 
I really like today's results. I hope the other ones come out good too. The other 2 blocks are basted, but they may not get quilted till tomorrow.

I've noticed with FMQing that I think I like the results better when I hold the sandwich a little father away from the needle and just pull it around. Also, pulling the material towards me rather than pushing it away. What's your favorite way to FMQ? I'd love to hear your comments. Thank you to those who have commented before, I appreciate the feed back!

Well, tomorrow is Sunday, and I hope everyone finds themselves heading to church in the morning...

And let us consider one another
to provoke unto love and to good works:
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together,
as the manner of some is;
but exhorting one another:
and so much the more,
as ye see the day approaching.
Hebrews 10:24-25

Continually crafting creations...
Amanda
   ~ the Mad Fabrictist

1 comment:

  1. Love the plastic bag keeper - may have to copy that idea! And I like the loops you FMQ'd on the log cabin block. I find working toward myself is easier, because I can see where I'm headed - otherwise, I might as well have a blindfold on, which is what my FMQ looks like a lot of the time anyway LOL

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...