Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Monday, March 6, 2017

Glimmer Succulents...

Last week I received my most recent Stampin' Up order. I was eagerly waiting it's arrival because not only did it have a ton of great stuff in it, but I also needed it to make some small gifts for my husbands co-workers...which he happened to need to take to work with him the next morning after it arrived in the early evening while we were out! It ended up being a late night up for me, but the project turned out nicely...

However, today's card is showcasing some of the items I ordered...but it is not the project I made for the co-workers...that will come a little later!
This card uses some of the beautiful Sale-A-Bration Glimmer paper and items from the Succulent Garden Suite from the Occasions catalog.



I had the first finished card on my desk and every time I came back to my desk and saw it, I liked it even more...so I had to do a video for you!


This card is on a Mint Macaron base cut at 4 1/4 x 11 and scored at 5 1/2, making it a top folding card.
For the succulants, aka "flowers" in the video, you will need pieces of the following paper to fit the number of succulents you want to make, so there are no specific dimensions:
         The succulents are die cut from sections of Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe, and Sweet     
         Sugarplum card stocks. The smaller middle succulents are stamped using the same colors as
         the card stock, just in ink form, onto white card stock. The glimmer paper used was the Mint 
         Macaron and Sweet Sugarplum.

The background is a 3 x 5 1/2 inch piece of the Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper.
The long strip border is a 3/4 x 5 1/2 inch piece of the Sweet Sugarplum Glimmer Paper*.
The sentiment layer border is a 1 x 4 1/4 inch piece of the Mint Macaron Glimmer Paper*.
A small piece of white card stock is needed in the size you need for your preferred sentiment.

Links to the main items used in this card will be at the end of this post.

So what occasion do you think this card would be best suited for?

I'm also planning a Facebook event for next Tuesday, March 14th... stay tuned for more details! OR better yet, why not like my Facebook page and be informed more quickly about the things I have going on? Just head over to my page here or click the "Like" button at the footer of this page.

Thank you for stopping by to Create with Me today!

"O taste and see that the Lord is good: 
blessed is the man that trusteth in Him."   Psalm 34:8

Amanda

Succulent Garden
Succulent Garden Suite
The paper is available via this link (except the Glimmer Paper*).
The ink colors used were:

Extra Tools used:
Oh So Succulent Photopolymer Bundle 
Oh So Succulent Stamps and Dies bundle
$48.50

Adhesives used included:

* The Glimmer Paper used is a Sale-A-Bration item that can be added onto any order of $50 (before tax & shipping). Offer good until March 31, 2017. The code for the Glimmer Paper is 143831.

Remember: Sale-A-Bration is the biggest sale of the year, where you can get a FREE item for EVERY $50 you spend on Stampin' Up products...these free products are exclusive to this sale, so hurry and get yours before they are gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...