Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

That Cassarole Carrier...

Took ALL DAY to finish...I was still working on it while I was also trying to get ready to go to church! But it is (almost) completely finished...



I need to sew around the handles a little bit more, but I really like the way it looks...however, there are some bad spots on it. I was in a hurry, I broke three needles (on the handle loops) and I'm still learning about quilting and binding! I used Madeira by Blackbird Designs (Moda) for the printed material and cream flannel for the flaps. I'm hoping to post it to Moda Bake Shops April Monthly Contest in the next few days.

But because the casserole carrier took so long, I wasn't able to get to my FMQ Challenge till after our first Revival meeting at church. It was a great start to a week of meetings. I'll share a little of what I learned after I show my FMQ stuff for day 2.

I made Amber another bib and a matching burp rag. The fronts are cream floral with a purple back. The FMQ seamed allot easier tonight, however, I was messing around a little with the settings on my sewing machine to see which I liked better. The one I liked the best was when I forgot to but the foot lever down...but that caused issues with the stitching on the backs...which you can see in the photos.



So I think I've decided on a setting of 4 for stitch length and the tension on my thread. We'll see if I stick to this as the challenge progresses.

Before I started stitching on the bib and rag, I did a small sample that ended up with a flower on it.

The picture is a little blurry, so I hope you can see it.

The Easter baskets are filled and Liz's is ready to be hid...I don't think Amber will care if hers is not hid! The baskets are reused from previous givings... Yeah, I'm a regifter!


Tonight (Saturday) began our Revival services with Evangelist Mark Kerlin...
The text was 1 Corinthians 15:10 and the thought that stuck with me is "It's by God's grace that we are what we are, but its by God's grace we could be so much more."

The 15th chapter of 1 Corinthians begins by talking about the resurrection of Jesus Christ and is very good, please read it some time soon, but for now I'll leave you with this excerpt from it...

But by the grace of God I am what I am;
and his grace which was bestowed upon me
 was not in vain;
but I laboured more abundantly than they all:
yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
Therefore, whether it were I or they,
so we preached, and so ye believed.
1 Corinthians 15:10-11

Have a blessed Easter...reflecting on the Resurrection of the Lord!
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. That casserole carrier looks great! Hmmm....another idea for using up some of my scraps - have you got a tutorial? Good progress with the FMQ!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...