Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 10 - Tasty Tuesday...

Ready for another recipe? Today on the 10th day of The First 25 Days of 2012, I'm going to share an appetizer recipe with you. Once a week we have started having a dinner where we have appetizers as our dinner and play games [usually only one :) but it will probably be more (or longer games) as the girls get bigger].

So, about a week and a half ago we had these...
Savory Parmesan Bites

1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2 (8oz) cans of refrigerator crescent rolls

Soften cream cheese, then stir in Parmesan cheese, pepper and parsley.

Unroll the crescent rolls, separate into four rectangles (per can). Spread cream cheese mixture on each and roll-up from short edge. Cut each roll into 4 pieces. Bake on cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 13 to 15 minutes.

* Extra's freeze well.

They can be a little 'hot', so for the girls I left out the red pepper flakes...but added crumbled bacon.

On this night we played Through the Desert...around our house - 'Camels'!

It's a placement strategy game that at 3, Liz can play...although she doesn't really get the concept of strategic placement yet :)
Our Appetizer & Game Festival night is still a little chaotic because little hands want the pieces and are not easily distracted from what's going on on the table.
We love this game...Chad and I even had our highest scores yet when we last played - but he still whomped on me, but I think I'm getting used to him winning!

Also, today Chad's parents were married 31 years ago...
so, I'd like to wish them a
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!


For God so loved the world,
that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...