Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day 21 - Show, Show Saturday...

The last Saturday for The First 25 Days of 2012...and I'm gong to show you what I made TODAY!

These cute little cases are a condensed version of the Quilted Book Saver Clutches I showed on Wednesday. The size of these are made for keeping gift cards or appointments cards in them...ooh, business cards would fit great in here...
They do need a few more kinks worked out of them...but they are adorable.
I made the red flower one first, and it was going to be part of the giveaway I'll be hosting to finish off The First 25 Days of 2012... BUT...

It had some issues on the sewing, especially where the hook for around the button is attached. I need to reconfigure my approach for that.

So, since that one was kind of a flop, I decide to make another one without the closure hardware...
This pretty green one is a little bigger and is useful for a few more things...still can hold gift/appointment/business cards, but can also do a contact case and drops, or a standard flip phone. However, my issue with this one is that it won't stay closed on it's own. So, here it is with the other one keeping the flap down.
I thought about sewing snaps on each corner of the flap, but depending on the use of the case, the one side of the snap would need to be place either father up or down the pocket part of the case. Now, what to do?

I'm still planing on adding a Mini Clutch to my giveaway...but I still have a couple of days to work on it :) Hope to see you on Wednesday [and everyday in between :)] for the last bit of The First 25 Days of 2012 Celebration.


But we have this treasure in earthen vessels,
that the excellency of the power may be of God,
and not of us.
2 Corinthians 4:7

We are only 'earthen vessels' made out of the dust of the ground. In and of ourselves we can only muddle our way through life...I feel that way sometimes, but God CAN use 'dust'. We have to remember...sometimes more often than others...that our lives are to be lived through Him, to glorify Him, and to show His power. We can do nothing in and of ourselves.

Needing to lean more...
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...