Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 14 - Show, Show Saturday...

Another weekend for The First 25 Days of 2012... and it's Saturday, so, I'm going to show some Christmas present given during the past holiday season.

Today's topic - Aprons!
My train of thought was to make these this past Christmas...I ended up making 8! All were accepted with great enthusiasm.

These first ones were made from up-cycling some dresses or skirts...
 Added a removable towel to this one...
This is a feminine one with lots of ruffles...I have enough to make another one of these :)
 This is a nice feeling material that dresses up meal time...

These next ones were made from material...
 Three different coordinating fabrics in a classic look...love the button on neck strap.
I made another one from these materials, but forgot to take a picture of it...the materials where flipped around. The orange flowered material was the skirt section with the bib part the green checked material...still trimmed in the leaves.

This next one has two smaller matching ones...but at different homes :) These are the ones I made for the girls, A & A, and me (also an A) for our scene in the Christmas play at church. However, of the other two - one had white trim and one had black trim.
The cow print was some flannel yardage... A & A just loved them :) I still have some of this print left...I think I'll be making matching ones for my girls, E L & A - someday!

Hope you enjoyed this gallery of aprons...I'm going to add it to some of the still open linky parties.


It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed,
because his compassions fail not.
Lamentations 3:22

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...