Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 24 - Tasty Tuesday...

On this last Tasty Tuesday for The First 25 Days of 2012 I'm going to share an easy recipe that is greatly enjoyed around here. This is one of the easiest dinners for me to make - Easy Stromboli!


Easy Stromboli

1 loaf frozen bread dough
4 oz block of Mozzarella cheese
pepperoni
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese

Around lunch time I get the loaf of dough out of the freezer. I don't follow the package directions exactly...so here's how I do it. I place the loaf on a cookie sheet lined and sprayed with cooking spray, then cover it with a piece of plastic wrap (also sprayed). I preheat my oven to it's lowest temperature (170 degrees) and turn off the oven, then place the loaf in the oven.

At dinner time I preheat the oven to 375 and stretch the thawed loaf out on the cookie sheet, alot like making a pizza crust. Once stretched, I layer my filling...which can be anything that you like on pizza...

I start be slicing the block of Mozzarella cheese, laying it down the center of the dough. Then top with as much pepperoni as preferred. On top of the pepperoni, sprinkle the cup of shredded Mozzarella. Fold the sides in, over the top of the filling. Pinch down the outside seam. Spray top with cooking spray and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake in the 375 degree oven for 20 minutes. Cool Stromboli for about 5 minutes. Cut and enjoy! Great with sauce for dipping, too.

See the linky parties I typically join in on the right sidebar.

Be sure to come back tomorrow for the LAST day of The First 25 Days of 2012...my birthday, remember :) So we can celebrate and have my first GIVEAWAY!


The LORD is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped:
therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth;
with my song will I praise Him.
Psalm 28:7

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...