Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 6 - Fabulous Friday...

Today's the day I'm going to share some of the things that are catching my fancy on this Fabulous Friday post of my The First 25 Days of 2012 celebration.

I recently started on Follow Me on Pinterest...and it's great for collecting ideas. The best thing is that the things I like that I might want to refer back to can just be 'pinned' to this virtual memory board/bulletin board...and the link is saved right there for you - COOL! Takes less time and space than saving it to my computer. Not to mention the ability to organize it all :)

Ok...so I'll show you a few quilt blocks that I really love and want to try out soon (and have pinned on to my pin board). If you want to see any of these and their links, just click on the picture!

This is one that I actually saved to my computer in August...and just remembered it :) I just love the colors! 

I'm a new follower of the Fiber of All Sorts blog, I had visited back in August, but now (after revisiting) I found quite a few other things on this blog that I really like too. Like this block...
And this Dresden...
Pinned Image(via)
I've been wanting to try this out for a while, but haven't gotten the ruler for it yet...I guess I should have put one of those on my Christmas list...to late now! My Birthday list is already full too...Chad gave me a quilting class - the Curves Class that starts a week after my birthday, Yeah!

So, as if I need more projects...but there are!
Like this great idea for charging the cell phone...I definitly need one of these!
Always love a log cabin quilt...
These are a great idea, and I need to make some bookmarks...
Pinned Image(via)
I could keep going, but I think that this is enough inspiration for now...just need to start sewing some of these!


Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy:
when I fall, I shall arise;
When I sit in darkness,
the Lord shall be a light unto me.
Micah 7:8

Another reminder that the LORD never leaves us. He always has a way of showing us His precence...we just need to remember to look for it, because there are going to be times when we sit in darkness. We need to look to God and remember His grace and mercy to us...being sure to not wollow in self pity. (My study Bible notes that the 'fall' in this verse is refering to falling into trial, not sin.)

Amanda

This is a scheduled post...I did it last night for this morning...yeah! I'm ahead on something :)


2 comments:

  1. Love that cell phone holder and book mark! I pinned it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those blocks. I was not aware of that blog. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...