Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 5 - Teaching Thursday...

Welcome to the fifth day of The First 25 Days of 2012... Today, I want to share a tutorial with you. It is an easy and adorable, simple bag. Great size for carrying piano books in.
I wrote up this tutorial in December for a friend that is just starting to sew and she wanted to make a couple for her younger sisters for Christmas. Her bags turned out beautifully...and she didn't ask any questions once she had the pattern, so I think this is definitely a great bag for a new sewer. (However, the making of the ruffles are NOT included in the directions...if  you want to make the ruffles and need help, don't hesitate to contact me!)

Since I did write this one up earlier, it is set up like a Word document turned into PDF format...so click here to go check it out! Some of my pictures are not the greatest...I'm going to try to work on that, but I did do a lot of pictures in the tutorial. And with it already in PDF, it's alot easier to print out :)

This seems like a great way to share a tutorial...I'd appreciate any feedback as to whether it is preferable to have a tutorial directly here on the blog or the link to a PDF. Thanks!

Let me know if you make the bag and what you think...I'd love to hear your comments!

Linking this one up to the great weekend linky parties...check them out for more crafting fun.
 

And the LORD said unto Satan,
Hast thou considered my servant Job,
that there is none like him in the earth,
a perfect and an upright man, on that feareth God,
and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity,
although thou movedst Me against him,
to destroy him without cause.
Job 2:3

The story of Job is not an unfamiliar one to me, but this morning I open my Bible to this passage and this crossed my mind...

God allowed Satan to do things against Job because God knew that Job was a faithful follower of Him. It made me think, if God had a choice of allowing hardships to occur to someone, would He be able to find me steadfast and faithful enough to choose me? Not that I want to experience trials, who does? But, would I be found to be able to withstand them as Job did so graciously? Trails are not always a punishment from God, they are also a trying of your faith and used to strengthen your trust in God.

Amanda


2 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda,
    Thank you for linking to the party! I saw your comment and I will see what I can do! Thanks again.
    Gay
    itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the guest Show Off chooser over at Ladybird Ln this week... and guess what?? I featured YOU!!! Come see... http://www.ladybirdln.com/2012/01/weekend-show-offs_10.html

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...