Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 11 - Working Wednesday...

Ah, another Wednesday to show what we are craftily working on...aka WIP Wednesday with Lee at Freshly Pieced! It's also alot like a week-in-review kind of a thing. Today on the 11th day of The First 25 Days of 2012 I'm going to see what I accomplished the past week.

First off, not a whole lot was done last week because the little one was fussy and just wanted to be held (she was recovering from her first fever...pretty good when she's already a year old)...but she is all better, playing again, and squabbling with Liz! In all truth, they really do play together pretty well, most of the time. So, I've been able to do some sewing...

First, I made a Sewing Machine Pin Cushion. I went from the material...
 To this...
In one nap time! One project getting done during nap time doesn't usually happen....and I've been wanting one of these for a while!

Also, finished is a new mouse pad. Although, I may still add ModPodge to the top, the construction is done!
 Chad thought it was kind of big for a mouse pad...but it is also sort of a desk placemat/mug rug :) It measures 15 x 12 inches.
Love the way the embroidery turned out...Just drew it onto the canvas, then added color with floss...so nice!
Once this was done yesterday, I started working on some bookkeepers using, well, more like being guided by, the pattern from Moda Bake Shop. Here is the material I choose for the first one...
I really like this combination...I may make a couple just from this collection.

So why bookkeepers? Well, I started reading a good book...The Christmas Quilt...on Friday. This is the first novel that I've read in years! The last ones I read were the Little House on the Prairie series while I was pregnant with Liz (she's 3 1/2 now). I think I know why I don't read as much as I used to...I get to sucked into just reading [but wait, I do that with sewing too ;)] to see what happens and can't easily tear myself away (unless it's a book I've already read)...I finished the book last night!
But, since starting to read, I decide it would be nice to make a pouch to keep the book in to keep it from curling to much...but since I finish it last night and the pouch is still in the beginning stages, I may need to read this other one, Together Is All We Need ... or, I might just use it as a guide to make the pouch big enough and read later! I do enjoy Christian, Historical and Amish setting, fiction.

But if I want to get my WIP's done, I can't read to much! This weeks breakdown...

New Projects: 3
Completed Projects: 2 [Sewing Machine pin cushion, Mouse pad]
Continuing Projects: 4 [Bookkeeper, Liz's Sashed Postage Stamp Quilt, the Table Topper, and 'the lost' Quiet book]

Thanks for stopping by!


Commit thy works unto the LORD,
and thy thoughts shall be established.
Proverbs 16:3

God cares about us in that He will even strengthen us as we complete our work if we are committing ourselves to Him.

Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Just popped over here from Amy's One thing one week challenge...love your mouse pad -- now I'm inspired to try and make one! I'm your newest follower; hope you can come and see me sometime at the Lilypad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sewing machine pin cushion is so smart!! did you use a pattern or wing it? Having any project come together that quickly is crazy! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...