Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 7 - Show, Show Saturday...

Hope today finds you enjoying your weekend...it's Saturday, so, I'm going to show a Christmas present given during the past holiday season. Also, I hope you are liking The First 25 Days of 2012!

Today is only highlighting one present...my second completed quilt! It is a lap quilt made for Chad's parents.
I named it the Stained Glass Door Lap Quilt...
I made it up as I went along...starting with a Turnover pack from Moda. Nostalgia by April Cornell. The borders are yardage bought at JoAnn's on Black Friday :) and the binding is a cream I had in my stash.
 This quilt also took some great pictures, so I have quite a few here...but my 'quality control' makes them even cuter...
 If I had known she was going to invade the photo shoot, I would have gotten her out of her jammies and into something that coordinated with the quilt :)

 I loved some of the prints in this collection...so dainty and pretty.
 So cute how she stopped right above the labels just as I was taking the picture.
 

 Scanning the situation...
 Checking it out...
 Straightening things out!
 It's even great for while reading a book!
 This lap quilt came out to about 40 x 57 inches and even when it didn't quilt well...my seam ripper and I got quite well acquainted...it turned out great! My machine has since been fixed and is running smoothly...YEAH! I hate using my seam ripper :)

Chad has even used this quilt already when we were visiting for New Year's.


I will be glad and rejoice in thee:
I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High.
Psalm 9:2

God has given some people an amazing ability to sing, and I am so glad for those that use it to sing wonderful songs that uplift and glorify God, and encourage us in the service of the LORD. Listening now to some great music that just makes me want to sing praises to God...and to practice the piano :)
I am so thankful for the abilities God has given to use to honor HIM!

Amanda

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! And I love that little toe pic too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a pretty and personal quilt
    to make for a gift to your loved ones

    thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pics...those little piggies are PRECIOUS! OH GOODNESS!
    Thanks for sharing! :)
    Be blessed...Karla Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! I love the quilting too. Hope you have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...