Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 3 - Tasty Tuesday...

It's the 3rd day of the New Year and it is blustery cold...
This is our second day of Lake Effect snow...I Love It!... but that's probably because I don't have to leave the house :) On Sunday night the ground was bare, by Monday morning everyone was out snowblowing and shoveling.

So, on this Tasty Tuesday of The First 25 Days of 2012, I'm going to share one of my favorite soup recipes...Corn Chowder.
We love this soup around here, and the best part is that it taste good with a variety of meat...so you can use what you have on hand (relatively speaking).

Corn Chowder

1 can corn
2 - 10.5 oz. cans of condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tube bulk sausage, fried/crumbled and drained
      or 2 cups diced ham
      or a pkg of bacon, cooked and crumbled
      or 2 cups diced Italian sausage
Egg Dumplings
Salt and Pepper  (your preference)

Combine corn, soup, broth, and meat in large sauce pan/small dutch oven and bring to a boil...stir regularly to help reduce sticking on bottom of pan. (Also, spraying the pan first with cooking spray helps with cleanup.) Once soup is boiling, add egg dumplings. Once all are stirred in, cook about another 10 to 15 minutes. Serve.

Egg Dumplings

2 eggs
1/4 tsp baking powder
flour

Whisk eggs with baking powder. Stir in enough flour to make a slightly sticky dough. Add salt and pepper if wanted. Drop into boiling soup in small amounts (about 1/4 to 1/2 tsp.)

I hope this warm, hearty soup helps you through the winter months.

On another note, I wanted to mention that I do have a Facebook page for the blog, so if you have any comments and don't have a way to comment here on the blog, feel free to visit Facebook to join the conversation. I will also open comments for the giveaway on FB too, when the time comes...hope everyone has a chance to join in :)


The LORD hath heard my supplication;
the LORD will receive my prayer.
Psalm 6:9

It is wonderful to know that I serve a God that listens and cares about our requests...even we ask that our children to go to sleep :) However, they don't always get answered as quickly as we like or the way we want, but it is always what is right for us.

Learn to pray more, and rely on self less...
Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...